About: Mark Boundy
MSc, BSc (Hons), MMACP, MSOMM
Non-medical Prescriber & Ultrasound Guided Injector
After completing a Biology BSc my journey to help others optimise their lives started in 2004 when I began my physiotherapy studies at King’s College, London.
On graduation I practiced within the NHS for eight years. Here I realised that the combination of long waiting lists and short appointment slots didn’t match the patients’ or my own expectations of what was required to provide rehabilitation, and ensure the optimal recovery.
I therefore decided to continue my studies in 2015 with an MSc. in Manual Therapy which, through stringent clinical placements and examinations, allowed me to become a member of the MACP (Musculoskeletal Association of Chartered Physiotherapists).
Combining my academic and hospital experience I moved into private practice at Oxford Sports Physio & Pilates. Utilising a gym setting and pilates studio, I was able to help rehabilitate higher level athletes such as GB rowers and Oxford University sport’s team members. Now as principle physio for the Hammond school of Dance I continue to have the privilege of working with young athletes to help them stay healthy and achieve their dreams.
Today I would say I am an expert generalist, having developed an excellent ability to clinically reason through musculoskeletal issues, as my reviews hopefully show. I don’t promote myself as specialising in any particular area, this is as I love treating all areas of the body neck, shoulder, knee etc and do not to want to narrow the conditions that I get to treat. I do however have a special interest in injection therapy and diagnostic and injection guided ultrasound, and being able to prescribe means I can provide the full spectrum of musculoskeletal conservative treatments.
As the clinical director of Rebound Physiotherapy it is my mission to provide the best experience for you via a thorough considered approach to you as an individual, a great environment to be treated in and overall an excellent outcome.
Education (most recent)
- Non-Medical Prescribing – University of Chester
- Society of Musculoskeletal Medicine (SOMM) Theory and Practice of Injection Therapy – Qualified to administer injectables to joints and tendons
- PG Cert Musculoskeletal Medicine – Allowing membership of the Society of Musculoskeletal Medicine (SOMM)
- MSc. Manual Therapy (inc examined clinical placements) Allowing membership of the Musculoskeletal Association of Chartered Physiotherapists (MACP)
- Foundation of Acupuncture & Dry Needling
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy – King’s College London.
- BSc (Hons) Biology – University of Sheffield.
- Sports Medicine Ultrasound Group (SMUG) Cadaveric US Guided MSK Injection
- Sports Medicine Ultrasound Group (SMUG) Introduction to MSK Ultrasound.
- Surgical Teaching (Co-Owner and lead animator) – Awarded money from venture capital to produce an online medical education site to teach junior doctors and medical students surgery. Youtube channel